POLICE AND HOSPITALS
The emergency number in Western Australia is 000 (ambulance, firefighters, road accidents and life-threatening circumstances in general). In all other cases of no immediate danger, please dial 131 444 to contact the local police.
Information on health can be obtained by calling Health Direct Australia on 1800 022 222. Information on hospitals, GPs and clinics is available on the website of the WA Department of Health (www.health.wa.gov.au/services). Non-English speakers may request to be transferred to an Italian-speaking operator. Perth’s main hospitals provide a free service to assist foreign patients.
CONSULATE OF ITALY IN PERTH
For any emergency related to Italian citizens located in Western Australia, the Consulate of Italy in Perth may be reached as follows:
- by calling (+61) 08 08 6509 3400 (weekdays only, 9 to 4);
- by calling our emergency number (+61) 04 0889 9466 (no SMS, no WhatsApp), in case of serious emergencies occurred after hours, during week-ends or on public holidays (no information on regular consular services will be provided);
- through our dedicated CONTACT FORM, best by attaching any documents related to the emergency reported.
- Crisis Unit of Italy’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (+39 06 36225)
- Embassy of Italy in Canberra (+61) 02 6273 3333 or (+61) 04 1826 6349).