This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Equivalence of foreign academic titles in Italy

Qualifications obtained overseas are not automatically recognised in Italy. Said certificates first need to be validated as being equivalent to the corresponding academic qualifications (i.e. Junior High School diploma, High School Education Certificate, or University Degree, etc.) issued in Italy.

Foreigners as well as Italian citizens residing abroad aiming at obtaining recognition and/or equivalence of their qualifications obtained abroad (only from recognised institutions located in Western Australia) need to apply through this Consulate for a document called “declaration of value” (dichiarazione di valore in loco). More information on said document is available HERE.

After obtaining the declaration of value, applicants have to contact the chosen university in order to ascertain the procedure aimed at obtaining the equivalence of the academic title. Further information is available HERE.