The 6th edition of the World Week of Italian cuisine will take place from the 22nd till the 28th of November. This year the theme is “Tradition and perspectives of Italian cuisine: awareness and enhancement of food sustainability“.
Click on the image on your right to view the calendar of the initiatives in Perth.
Below are some additional information about every event:
– ITALIAN FIREWORKS NIGHT AT GLOUCESTER PARK: a special night to celebrate horse racing and regional Italian cuisine, thanks to food stalls by “Birraz Ristobar” in cooperation with the Italo-Australian Welfare and Cultural Centre. For info please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
– DANTE ALIGHIERI AND THE ITALIAN CUISINE. A DIVINE JOURNEY 700 YEARS LONG: a three-part dinner dedicated to the Divine Comedy, following the canonical Inferno – Purgatorio – Paradiso sequence, on the 700th anniversary of Dante Alighieri’s death. Actors will declaim verses from the Divine Comedy while food inspired by medieval recipes will be served. Tickets on www.trybooking.com/BVILZ
– A DISCUSSION WITH PROF. MASSIMO MONTANARI ON THE HISTORY OF ITALIAN CUISINE: live from Italy, Prof. Massimo Montanari, teacher of Medieval History and History of Food at Bologna University, will debate (in Italian) with Prof. John Kinder, Professor of Italian and Head of Department of Italian Studies at UWA. Bookings to email@example.com
– WORLD OF FOOD FESTIVAL: in this exhibition, organised every year by the WA Consular Corps, Italy will be represented by “Birraz Ristobar”, who will offer a special selection of traditional Italian street food.
– Last but not least, for the whole week between 22 and 28 November, the following restaurants will offer special MENUS that will showcase the outstanding quality and variety of Italian food:
(click on the name of each restaurant to view the menu)
· Al Fornetto (Doubleview)
· Birraz Ristobar (Mount Hawthorn)
· Fraser’s Restaurant (Kings Park)
· Garum-Hotel Westin (East Perth)
· Gioia on the River (East Perth)
· Posto Matto (Osborne Park)
Looking forward to meeting you in these events,